There are many commercial and specialized banks, which have branches in 26 states. Also there are foreign exchange bureau's (Sirafat). The exchange rates are determine according to the demand and supply factors (market forces).
The banks in the Sudan:
Bank of the Sudan
1st) Governmental Banks
Bank of Khartoum
Sudanese Saving and Social Development
Tel: 774358- 775157
2nd) Specialized Banks
Elnilein Industrial Development Group Bank
Agricultural Bank of Sudan
Farmer's Commercial Bank
Animal Resources Bank
3rd) Private Sharing Banks
Tadamon Islamic Bank
Omduman National Bank
Elgharb Islamic Bank
Faisal Islamic Bank
Ialamic Co-operation and Development Bank
Islamic Bank of Sudan
Sudanese - Saudi Bank
Sudanese French Bank
ElShamal Islamic Bank
Customs Tariff structure For Imports To Sudan
Products imported to Sudan are Subject to four banks to tariff rate a follows (in 2001)
Exile Dutingor Imports
Example of products
Rice, rentals, computer system of accessories, animal production inputs
Raw matenals, capital goods, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers.
Intermediate goods foodstuffs.
Household machinese, passenger cars, Tobacco cement, Sugar
The following products are subject to excise duty in addition to the import tariff rate.
Tobacco and cigarettes
Mineral water softdrinks
VAT on Imports
All imports to Sudan are subject to VAT with 10% except the following products.
(1) Agricultural inputs (seeds, fertilizers, and presticides)
(2) Cultural inputs papers for printing News papers of magazines and printing equipment's.
(3) Capital goods
All produced of Sudan origin when exported to any country are not subject to any export duty with the exception of raw hides of skins which are subject to 15% export duty. All exports are exported from the VAT.
SUDANESE STANDARDS AND METROGY ORGANIZATION
P.O. Box: 13574 Khartoum Fax: 774852 Tel: (249)-11-775247
E-mail: [email protected]
SSMO IN BRIEF LEGAL IDENTITY AND FOUNDATION:
Sudanese Standards & Metrology Organization low was issued in 1992 and indorsed by the National Assembly
SSMO Headquarters based in Khartoum where it opeates the following offices:
1. Port sudan Harbour Office
2. Al Obied Office
3. Al Gedarif Office
4. SSMo s Objectives
5. Protection of consumer
6. Protection of National Economy
7. Promotion of efficiency and maintining quality control of local product
8. Training the required cadre to run the job related to standard.
9. Awarding certificates for imports and exports according to standard requirements
10. Linking Sudan's Stardards & metrology with international and regional Organizations
11. Linching orientation to enlighten the public and local institution.
For the first is to realize which of the best quality and for later must have to follow the total quality management.
SSMo Facilities. Head Quarter Khartoum:
1. cereal lab
2. Dairly lab
3. Mineral water lab
4. Paints lab
5. High performance liquid
6. Chromatography lab
7. Microbiology lab
8. Gas chromatography lab.
9. Analysis and Hall marking of Gold and precious Metal lab.
10. Port Sudan lab.
SSMO information center in Khartoum work in coordination to exchange up-to-date with international and regional standards & metrology organizations such as ISO, CODEX, ARSO & ADIMO in additions SSMO coordinates with British, Japan, India, Australia, South Africa, Germany, Saudi Arabia and Tunisia, In the field of standards in these respected countries. Further.
More, in response to the requirements and needs of integration with world to boost business however SUDAN adopted as active policy to restore quality control system related to regional and international standards organization. As a result Sudan has obtained the fully accredited membership of the following
5. International Institute for Standards and Metrology of Islamic countries based in Turkey
6. Mycotoxin lab
7. Microbiology lab.
8. Gas chromatography lab
9. Analysis and Hall marking of Gold and Precious Metal lab.
10. Port Sudan lab
SSMocooperates with Sudanese Universities and scientific research center to make technical standards data of commodities which needed. Blow are number of researches conducted by SSMO collaboration with universities and research centers.
1. GUM Arabic (Hashab) and rest of Sudanese gum varieties
2. All Karkdi varieties (the process includes picking, drying and packing methods)
3. aflatoxins and ocratoxins researches on groundnuts Cakes and grain
4. Poultry and animal seeds industry in Khartoum
5. Promotion of local bricks including up grading of a hand used machine.
6. Promotion of jaguar Sugar and its applications in local industry
7. Using of solar energy for drying vegetable and fruits.
8. Use of solar energy for production distilled water
9. separation of impurities from the drinking water
10. Improvement of town bus to the standard required
11. Promotion of hides and skins production.
©Copyright 2002-2007 Embassy of the Republic of the Sudan , New Delhi, India. Contact Us
Designed and Developed by IANS Solutions